Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall is here in Washington. It is quite lovely and colorful! Even though I know that God has created all of this, I still tend to forget that He is in control of every detail. He has created every color on every branch and paints them a different color every day until He blows them off.

Likewise in our lives He brings many colors into our days and when He so chooses, takes them away for a season to prune us and shape us for His glory and our good! What joy this can bring us in difficult circumstances. He is the one who giveth and taketh away. Praise Him with me!

Gunnar is sixteen months old and is such a joy! He loves food, books, and cars! I praise God for this season and look forward to the next. His vocabulary is growing and so is he! He measured in the 75% in height and 25% in weight. (This is the same from his birth.) He is so loving and kind to everyone and we continue to find joy in shaping him to obey and trust the Lord. We see God's faithfulness most when we obey Him! He is the only one worthy of Honor and Praise!

Kyle is well and working hard ministering to the youth at our church and local High School. He loves where God has placed him and has found a "old" pastime he enjoys.....school! Yes, he is attending Western Reformed Seminary and will continue to further his education. Greek is his current class, and is very difficult...you might keep him in your prayers! :)

I (Paige) am at home with our beloved Gunnar and also am working on "Fall" projects. (Finding new Fall recipes, organizing more and more, taking Gunny to the library every week for "Storytime", and keeping our home managed well.) I am sure there are many more but those are the most enjoyable. I also enjoy a book study every Wednesday. We are reading "Disciplines of a Godly Woman" by Barbara Hughes. What a wonderful look at what God desires for us! I also am reading 6-10 more...yes I am one of those people. In God's Word , Kyle and I have been reading the Samuels and Colossians. His word is so rich, so indwelling. We serve the Holiest God and we are revered to love Him more.

Kyle just came back from the NANC National Conference in St.Louis, MO (nanc.org) and was richly blessed there with biblical teaching and counseling information as he does counsel youth and familes from time to time.

I just came back from the West Coast Ligonier Conference in Phoenix, AZ (ligonier.org) and had the joy to hear God's Word from my 2nd favorite pastor, R.C. Sproul and stay with my 3rd favorite family, the Andersons. At the end of the conference, I slipped him a note and a picture of the three of us. Just two days ago, we recieved one from him! That was such a treat!

Enjoy this season and revel in the goodness of God lest we forget that every good and perfect gift is from Him! Love to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Paige. We will pray for Kyle. By the way, did you have to put not one but two pictures of Kyle on the update. I can really only handle one at a time.

Justyne said...

It was so good to see you and Kyle and Gunner at the fair, Paige!! Wish we could have spent more time together just chillin' over board games or something. Maybe next time. Thanks for the update!

Contemplating How Short He Wants It

Contemplating How Short He Wants It

Good Haircutting Form

Good Haircutting Form

One of His Many Girlfriends-Dede

One of His Many Girlfriends-Dede

I am So Tired, I Can't Even Smile

I am So Tired, I Can't Even Smile

Las Vegas Vacation

Las Vegas Vacation
april 08

Off to Church

Off to Church
i am very solemn on sunday mornings

Eating Breakfast

Eating Breakfast
you can kinda see my teeth!

I'm Here!

I'm Here!
proud Grandpa

Newborn Gunnar

Newborn Gunnar
with Grandpa

8 Days Old

8 Days Old